Let us look at various systems, of morality, ethics and virtues, and set the stage for what PEC is trying to achieve.
These are Eastern Concepts! How does this apply to Western Paganism!
Who said PEC was exclusively European Paganism?
Asatru Nine Noble Values
- Self Reliance
These are “Heathen” values or virtues.
Then there is the Wiccan rede that includes, a three fold law:
What ever you do it will be returned to you three fold.
“Do what thou wilt, and that it harm none”
“Do what thou will is the whole of the law, love is the law, love under will.”
Morality is a personal code of conduct. Ethics is a social code of Conduct. Spirituality is a path of personal behavior to live not only in this world but also in the spirit.
Virtues exist due to your behaviors in relationship to yourself and society. Mostly it focus on one’s own identity and integrity.
The Wiccan Rede, and other magical or spiritual methodologies rely on what does this do to and for me?
Religion is a base of rules based on beliefs of Gods, and the laws that they have and how their spiritual realm reacts to ours in regards to these rules and how we adhere to them. Great for those gods and maybe for those who abide by those rules.
For most people, it is about what does it do for me?
Secondly, what does this do for my family?
And very rarely, what does this do for the world and the community around me?
Can we exist as an island in this world? Can a social animal like Homo Sapiens exist without a clan, and a tribe?
People Embracing Change’s value proposition is difficult to apprehend, if people are not in the mind to understand the big picture issues and the complex evolving issues that faces us as human beings. Nor are people who are so focused on day to day problems with the immediate needs of themselves and their immediate family, able to understand or willing to undertake the efforts to make their lives better, if it involves working with the society and community they don’t trust.
I can’t write a big long educational monologue and expect people to buy into it. I will for the sake of this writing write it out as Business issue.
- Create a model of a community, where it is beneficial to individuals, families and groups of various beliefs, practices and lifestyles.
- Create a community where individuals must enrich their spiritual life.
- Create a community where individuals can enrich themselves and their family.
- Create a community where it is in the collective interests to help individuals and families to succeed.
- Build a set of resources that enable the community to allow groups of individuals come together for common goals to benefits themselves and the community.
- Develop and build Leaders that people trust, in each individual group, and work together in a council to manage the community or tribe.
- Generate leadership that can be trusted to represent the people in the regions, county, state and country.
- Build a model of people and community that has integrity, where individuals are trusted for their expertise, and the integrity and skills of leadership built with in the community.
- Make leaders who have worked with each community, of beliefs, the workings of common resources, and have insight into people, their behaviors to do conflict resolution, consensus building, and the continued development of a community, with shared ethics, compatible morals and common community goals.
- Build long term standing tribes of clans and societies that meet the goals.
- Create a pride of clan, society and tribe that is not hateful of others, or does not create a hatred in others.
- To develop a sense of purpose in the world as a people and as an individual.
- To realize that we improve everything, by making ourselves worthy, and serving some part of the world to make it better, serves us all well if it makes all of our lives better.
- Create a humane means and method for education or correction of those who act criminally against the civic good, individuals and society.
- Be prepared to defend the community in the event where social structures, laws and legal redress fail outside the community.
PROBLEMS: ( What Problems are we trying to solve)
- The lack of multigenerational leadership in families.
- The lack of effective social groups that are designed for community improvement.
- The lack of trust in any leadership whatsoever.
- The belief that we know everything we need and trust our own judgements.
- The overwhelming lack of resources to support a family and any hope for its future.
- The lack of support for a community of diversity.
- The lack of a culture to support other families, or community.
- The overwhelming use of propaganda that isolates people into families, builds distrust, while generating fear and hatred.
- Extreme stress and chaos in society that encourages people to act on their most basic instincts, and to create short list of fundamentalist mores, behaviors and expectations that limit their ability to not be used, manipulated, or extricate themselves out of a mental prison imposed by the current social powers.
- The inability to accumulate personal, family and community wealth.
- The inability to insure that there will be support of anyone in the family needs medical attention.
- The consistent isolation of individuals, families and groups that incapacitates people’s ability to develop inter-relational skills.
- The overwhelming issues that give people the inability to develop long term meaningful relationships with each other.
- Spirituality is being affected by the self absorbed desires from society.
- Religions as an instrument of imparting ethics and moraes, are not supporting community. They are supporting a sense of community with more of belief, behavior and entertainment versus of a real help to society.
- Charities are not trustworthy but people instead of working charity and being engaged are supporting third party groups, supporting charities that are not doing what they are supposed to do except making the organizers of charities wealthy from it.
- Failure to evolve when circumstances require changes.
Additional issues in the United States:
- The excessive costs and burdens of healthcare.
- The lack of education or the ability to afford higher education.
- The lack of good food and healthy nutrition.
- The lack of a trustworthy investment systems, be it, banks, stocks, insurance, retirement plans, personal, corporate or government pensions.
- The lack of personal control of lifestyle, love, reproductive health, or self expression.
- The inability to compete legally against those with wealth and power.
- The ability to sue for our dignity and personal rights.
- The inability to be able to control the land that has been, granted, purchased or otherwise invested in, without arbitrary and capricious control of government and or big business.
- People seem to have no idea of what community is.
- People seem to have no idea what leadership or real leaders are.
- Families are sufficiently dysfunctional without multigenerational wisdom of elders in a household.
- The oldest of those living in the United States, are just as isolated in ageist groups, a feeling of disconnectedness and lacking power or personal control of life. With absolutely no idea of how or in what way to be an example to other generations, except to enjoy their retirement, which is going away bit by bit.
- The lack of personal power, people attempt to control all outcomes of all peoples lives in accordance to the mechanism and methodologies of their own life, with no regard to others, their circumstances or whether or not it is appropriate with no awareness whatsoever.
- Propaganda for over 40 years so complete that any critical thinking for facts has been replaced by the strident strains of fabricated reality as a truth, thereby operating on belief.
- People are addicted to a sense of social reality based and predicated by a false set of expectations where no one fits in it. This causes low self esteem and is reflected in hatred of others, in the same situation if they are not acting in conformity.
How to fix the core problems at a tribal or community level.
- People in the United States do not understand what a community is. Build a community that provides a social model for the building of better people and community.
- We need to have a core group of elders and statesman that people can trust.
- We need to provide a diversity of beliefs and functions, where leaders are made from small core groups.
- Leaders of core groups need to be part of a counsel and be engaged with their community.
- As part of a council they need to and must observe and be part of other groups. This helps them to identify with other people and other ways of doing things. This helps develop trust and allows the people to vet the veracity of each council member as they grow in leadership.
- Elders, develop leadership skills, conflict resolution skills, and other research by and for council members.
- Elders ratify, deny or encourage counsel decisions that are sane and workable and acceptable to the tribe as a whole. Only if the council decides that the Elders vote to break a tie.
- Elders develop leaders from the council members, and for community leaders abroad.
- Every person in the tribe must be part of a spiritual group for self development. If folks are atheists they need to be in a group that works with ethical humanism.
- Build into the culture core societal precepts , values and attention to develop a sophisticated sense of self with a community.
For the Major Holidays, each group, clan is supported to support it in their own beliefs.
For the Tribe, it must focus on what builds a community. This is a very general idea for focuses on the tribal social rituals.
|Property/ Adult||Integrity / Everyone||Relationships/Tribe|
|Culture||Heaven Sun||Future Lives|
|Tribe identity||Earth Moon||Relatives Past|
|Knowledge/ GrandMother||Work/ Grandfather||Mentor Communication / Mother Father|
The Elders need to have a thorough grounding of all the spiritual traditions within the group, and a firm grounding in all the secular groups or societies within the tribe.
The core spiritual development of the Elders will be shamanic. These Elders must be able to interact and spiritually work with each group as it is, but also to help the leaders keep the whole tribe evolving together. And thereby developing a sense on the evolving nature of the tribe and to nurture it.
PEC elders have and will continue with core spiritual disciplines and concepts that should augment anyone’s core spiritual practices.
Developing a tribe, requires people on their own, to embrace the changes needed to survive and grow a community. We can’t convince them of it. People need to find that need in themselves. When that need is recognized, action can be made to create a world we all want to live in. That way we become the People Embracing Change.